The 14th International Colloquium on Late and Vulgar Latin (Latin vulgaire – latin tardif XIV) was held at the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy of Ghent University (Belgium) from Monday, September 5th to Friday, September 9th, 2022. It was organized by the Latin section and the research group DiaLing at the Department of Linguistics.
The colloquia Latin vulgaire – latin tardif have been organised regularly since 1985. After Pécs (1985), Bologna (1988), Innsbruck (1991), Caen (1994), Heidelberg (1997), Helsinki (2000), Sevilla (2003), Oxford (2006), Lyon (2009), Bergamo (2012), Oviedo (2014), Uppsala (2016), and Budapest (2018), the 14th edition was held in Ghent. In 2024, the 15th edition will take place in Munich.
The meetings are organized under the auspices of the Comité international pour l’étude du latin vulgaire et tardif.
Comité international pour l’étude du latin vulgaire et tardif
- Giovanbattista GALDI (Ghent, Belgium), President of the Committee
- Maria SELIG (Regensburg, Germany), Vice-President of the Committee
- Béla ADAMIK (Budapest, Hungary),
- Carmen ARIAS ABELLÁN (Sevilla, Spain)
- Frédérique BIVILLE (Lyon 2, France)
- Alfonso GARCÍA LEAL (Oviedo, Spain)
- Gerd HAVERLING (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Sándor KISS (Debrecen, Hungary)
- Piera MOLINELLI (Bergamo, Italy)
- Heikki SOLIN (Helsinki, Finland)
- Roger WRIGHT (Liverpool, United Kingdom)
Comité d’honneur pour l’étude du latin vulgaire et tardif
- Gualtiero CALBOLI (Bologna, Italy), Honorary President of the Committee
- Louis CALLEBAT (Caen, France)
- Benjamín GARCÍA HERNÁNDEZ (Madrid, Spain)
- The conference was organised by the Latin section and the research group DiaLing at the Department of Linguistics at the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy (LW) at Ghent University (UGent).
- Latin vulgaire – latin tardif XIV was generously funded by the City of Ghent, the FWO (Research Foundation – Flanders), the Henri Pirenne Institute for Medieval Studies at UGent, the research group Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at OIKOS (National Research School in Classical Studies, The Netherlands) and Brepols Publishers.